This document describes how to set up an AEM project based on Apache Maven .
Apache Maven is an open source tool for managing software projects by automating builds and providing quality project information. It is the recommended build management tool for AEM projects.
Building your AEM Project based on Maven offers you several benefits:
1. An IDE-agnostic development environment
2. Usage of Maven Archetypes and Artifacts provided by Adobe
3. Usage of Apache Sling and Apache Felix tool sets for Maven based development setups
4. Ease of import into an IDE; for example, Eclipse and/or IntelliJ
5. Easy integration with Continuous Integration Systems