Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How to avoid inclusion of specific dependent objects types while publishing

Level 4

Hi

On initiating publish of a page the system is prompting one of configuration object as dependency during publish and we've to unselect that before confirming publish. Is there any way we can configure to exclude certain object types from publishing?

I am attaching the snapshot for reference. I need to avoid a dependency being displayed when publishing is initiated.

5 Replies

Level 10

I have never seen this. Do you see this when publishing from Classic UI?

Level 4

Our business is using touch-UI so  i've not verified this in classic UI

Administrator

Hi 

This message would not come every time.

If your page has some Cloud Services activated, then this message would come.

Go to Page property -> Cloud Services, here you would have configurations setup. So when you publish the page, this would come only one time. Next time when you publish the same page, it would not come.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni 

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

Hi

Yes, it's a cloud configuration. When i try to publish this configuration along with the page, publishing fails. So every time need to uncheck before publishing the page.

Administrator

Mohan Basavarajappa wrote...

Hi

Yes, it's a cloud configuration. When i try to publish this configuration along with the page, publishing fails. So every time need to uncheck before publishing the page.

Hi 

If, trying to publish configuration fails then you are defeating the use of configurations. If configurations are not needed then kindly remove them.

But if you want to keep them, then the problem statement changes to how to overcome the error for publishing the configuration.

Please share the browser console and AEM error.log while publishing the configuration.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni 

Kautuk Sahni