Expand my Community achievements bar.

How To Avoid Auto Creation of (dir) folder while using VaultClipse

Level 4

Hi

While Migrating the code from CRXDElite to Eclipse, dir folders are getting created. Due to these folders I am facing lot of issues.

How can I avoid creating these folders while migrating code from Eclipse to CRXDELite.

Please help me out.

Regards,

Krishh

5 Replies

Level 10

Are you referring to folders such as components /apps/sightly/components - where components is nt:folder? 

Level 4

smacdonald2008 wrote...

Are you referring to folders such as components /apps/sightly/components - where components is nt:folder? 

Hi Smac,

My apologies for late response. Yeah Smac, while import/exporting the apps/myproject/components from/to server (CRXDELite) .dir folders are getting created.

when I right click (components) in eclipse AEM->Export from Server ( dir files are getting created)

Level 10

Those folder will be created because you have folders in crx.

If you are cloning and want same data on eclipse you have to get those folder then only you can get data inside those

Please elaborate I am facing lot of issues.

Level 4

Hi Praveen,

Might not be able to resolve this issue but would like to join in on the discussion and understand the idea behind .dir folders and why they are created.

I've seen this behaviour also when there are .dir files created when trying to export the crx contents to the physical directory through - vault, packing with package manager, vault-clipse and the AEM plugin.

Can you please explain why this happens? The folders are created empty and there is no properties set on this folder or are there any child nodes / contents to this folder.

I was able to dig up this link - http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage... but when I create a js file and then sync it back the .dir folder is still created. The js extension is available as part of the mime types so the default dir directory should not be created. (according to the post)

As for trying to prevent this - I tried to modify the /META-INF/vault/filter.xml to exclude the .dir folder but it didn't have any effect.

Level 10

Hi Naveen,

Here is my understanding on this.

The statement "if the mime-type of a resource does not match the extension or is not known then .dir is created " does not refer to the file extention like .js instead it refers to that jcr:mimeType of the file which is in case of javascript will be "text/javascript" which is not present in [1] and leads to the creation of .dir

One more thing, if you change the jcr:mimeType to "application/javascript" in JCR which is present in [1]  and sync back you wont see any .dir in eclispe

Hope this answer your issue with JS

[1] http://grepcode.com/file_/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.jackrabbit.vault/org.apache.jackrabbit.v...

Thanks