Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How to add/specify publish nodes on startup

Level 1

I know how to start aem instances in diffrent run modes. But how do I specify on my author node where my publish nodes are? I would like to specify this on startup of my author nodes with startup-options or configuration files. Any help or pointers to documentation is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Magnus

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Magnus,

as said, you cannot do this via System properties. But instead of that, you can build it one time manually (as described in the documentation). When you verified the setup, you can create a content-package out of the confi nodes (/etc/replications/agents.author) and have it ready somewhere. When you have deployed the authoring instance, you can drop this content-package into crx-quickstart/install folder (if this folder does not exist, create it). Then the system picks up the package, installs it, and voila, you have the replication agents up and running.

Does this help?

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Please go through the below doc and see if it helps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/RunModeSetUp.html

Thanks!

Level 10

you should configure the replication agents in your author . refer https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/deploying/replication.html

also, let us know your usecase, why do you need to specify publish nodes on the startup ?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Magnus,

as said, you cannot do this via System properties. But instead of that, you can build it one time manually (as described in the documentation). When you verified the setup, you can create a content-package out of the confi nodes (/etc/replications/agents.author) and have it ready somewhere. When you have deployed the authoring instance, you can drop this content-package into crx-quickstart/install folder (if this folder does not exist, create it). Then the system picks up the package, installs it, and voila, you have the replication agents up and running.

Does this help?

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 1

Hi!

Thanks for your fast reply. 

We want to automatically set up a test environment, initialy with 2 publishers and 1 author. So we doesn't want to do any kind of manual stuff in the webbinterface, but can put configfiles in the right place, or tools to set config. 

I have also found how to change wish publisher an author sends update to, but how to add a second publisher to send info to.

Sincerely

Mikael

Level 1

Thanks,

as Mikael says below, we would like to configure this on startup automatically, without using the webinterface. 

Unfortunately I can't find any information that help us on those doc-pointers you gave us. Basically what we would like to do is:

java -jar cq5-author-p4502.jar -publish-hosts publishhostname1:4503,publishhostname2:4503

Or if you could specify the publish hosts in sling.properties or any other configuration-file...

Thanks

Magnus

Level 9

Hello,

Why don't you use osgi config option via creating another config node under your project in author system (OOTB example can be found under /libs/system)  and this configuration information you can get via api in your implementation. For more details also refer this doc http://www.wemblog.com/2012/10/how-to-work-with-configurations-in-cq.html

Thanks,

Pawan