Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to add custom check to check whether the page activated for out of box Component reports

Level 2

Hi 

I am trying to fetch the list pages by passing the component name or type, in the /etc/reports/compreport.html out of box CQ reporting page. I want to pass additional filter along with the root path. The additional filter is list only the pages which are in activate state.

I tried but unable to find how the query is executed for the path.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Your use case is to build reports that track when pages are activated.  You have two choices here: 

1 - use out of the box reporting. You need to know how to " pass additional filter along with the root path". See Filters and how to use them. This is covered in this AEM documentation:  Reporting

2 -  if this Reporting tool does not meet your needs - you can build your own reporting tool in AEM. If you are interested in knowing what pages are activated, build a custom service that queries that information from the AEM JCR and write the data to something like Excel.  You can build a Replication Event Handler that tracks when pages are activate and writes that information to the JCR. Then your custom service (when invoked) reads the JCR where replication details are stored and writes the data to a report. I would personally look at this approach as you can build it to meet your needs. You can even code the tool to email the report and make this all configurable. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Your use case is to build reports that track when pages are activated.  You have two choices here: 

1 - use out of the box reporting. You need to know how to " pass additional filter along with the root path". See Filters and how to use them. This is covered in this AEM documentation:  Reporting

2 -  if this Reporting tool does not meet your needs - you can build your own reporting tool in AEM. If you are interested in knowing what pages are activated, build a custom service that queries that information from the AEM JCR and write the data to something like Excel.  You can build a Replication Event Handler that tracks when pages are activate and writes that information to the JCR. Then your custom service (when invoked) reads the JCR where replication details are stored and writes the data to a report. I would personally look at this approach as you can build it to meet your needs. You can even code the tool to email the report and make this all configurable.