Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

How large assets (>100MB) are uploaded to AEM as a cloud Service programmatically following Adobe's chunking mechanism?

Level 2

This is for performance testing of asset upload to AEM as a cloud service using JMeter scripts running outside of AEMaaCS. Used aem-upload module provided by Adobe for cloud service. Able to upload assets size not exceeding 100MB but fails with 413 error for101Mb file. Need to mimic Adobe' way of chunking the asset into multiple URIs and then combining during last step at the time of uploading to AEMaaCS. Able to upload >100MB from AEM assets interface but not through code.

Please share insights on the chunking mechanism to code for uploading large assets into AEMaaCS.

3 Replies

Level 4

Hi Sree, 

Per the below doc reference "

File size limitations come from the browser and can vary from browser to browser:"

File requirements for sharing assets | Adobe Experience Cloud Services

mynitumail_0-1643310526670.png

Raise a adobe daycare ticket if this info does not answer your question. 

Level 2

Upload assets to AEMaacS happens through sample code provided by Adobe in its @AEM-upload library and not through browser. The issue is not happening due to file size limitation of browser. I know, the max asset size we can upload  to AEMaaCS is 2GB. Absolutely there is no issue with asset upload using AEM interface. Since we are performance testing asset upload using JMeter test scripts in Java, we are noticing the issue when the file size is more than 100MB. Client insists on following Adobe's way of breaking asset into multiple small sizes during upload and combine after upload. This process or library of Adobe is what is needed to understand.

Employee Advisor

I think in that case it's the best if you analyze the aem-upload library. I don't think that there is a precise documentation out there, how it is working, but rather "just" the working source code.