Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

How do you troubleshoot a potential Access Control issue?

Level 2

Hi,

our GCs are reporting that they cannot delete certain pages from the siteadmin page. There is likely a correlation between the pages they cannot delete and those pages being possibly referenced elsewhere. Here is what we have tried so far to troubleshoot and reproduce the issue:

• Steps to reproduce
    • Navigate to the desired to be deleted page in siteadmin
    • Deactivate the page (optional)
    • Select the page
    • Click Delete from the toolbar at the top of the window
    • Get the Delete Page dialog
    • DO NOT Get the "One or more selected pages are referenced" warning
    • Nothing happens.

• I can delete the pages as admin with administrator group role
  • I can delete the pages while impersonating the affected users
  • I can delete the pages when I configure my own non-admin personal user with the same group roles

• When I run through the same workflow as the affected user,
    • I get two dialogs: Delete Page confirmation, and A warning that One or more selected pages are referenced.
    • I'm allowed to proceed and force the deletion
  • When the affected GC runs through the workflow,
    • They get only the first dialog: Delete Page confirmation
    • They get no option to force the deletion after selecting yes and nothing happens, nothing is deleted.

• There are no client-side javascript issues visible using the developer tools.
  • The problem is reproduced in multiple browsers (Chrome and Firefox) for the affected user

• On the client browser, we get the following potentially relevant Network error:
    • POST https://author.domain.com/bin/wcmcommand 412 (Precondition Failed)

• XMLHttpRequest.send @ granite.js:235

• asyncRequest @ widgets.js:3319

• request @ widgets.js:3374

• request @ widgets.js:85167

• CQ.wcm.SiteAdmin.internalDeletePage @ widgets.js:140667

• fn @ widgets.js:140750

• (anonymous) @ widgets.js:2282

• setTimeout (async)

• defer @ widgets.js:2316

• callback @ widgets.js:13020

• handleButton @ widgets.js:49543

• (anonymous) @ widgets.js:2235

• onClick @ widgets.js:54772

• h @ widgets.js:11676

• In the error logs, we get the following 3 lines
    • 22.09.2017 15:45:39.290 *INFO* [127.0.0.1 [1506087939181] GET /libs/wcm/core/content/pageinfo.json HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.DefaultPageStatusProvider Can't access workflow models; maybe missing or due to access restrictions.
    • 22.09.2017 15:45:39.306 *INFO* [127.0.0.1 [1506087939181] GET /libs/wcm/core/content/pageinfo.json HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.collection.ResourceCollectionManagerImpl Can't access workflow packages; maybe missing or due to access restrictions.
    • 22.09.2017 15:45:44.931 *WARN* [127.0.0.1 [1506087944603] POST /bin/wcmcommand HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.commands.DeletePageCommand Selected items are referenced by 1 pages.  Use "force" to delete anyway.

I'm at a loss trying to troubleshoot why this is not working for certain users. Any help or advice is appreciated and welcome. Thank you!

0 Replies