Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How do we add a newline in the fieldlable of dialog in AEM 6.4

Level 3

I have a dialog in 5.6. where the field label has newline by the use of <br> tag. Now we have converted this dialog to AEM 6.4 (touch UI), but the <br> to get new line does not seem to be working. Instead the <br> is appearing on the page. I tried with <p/> tag as well. Any idea how do we get new line in fieldlable in AEM 6.4?

Sample example -

<selectPath

jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/pathbrowser"

fieldLabel="Mobile Image <br> Note: saadsfcads "

fieldDescription="Some Text In Line One. I want This text in Line Two. This Text in Line Three"

rootPath="/content"

name="./selectPath"/>

Please suggest. Thank you.

-Nilesh.

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

It is not working because fieldDescription property value is getting encoded. If anyhow you've managed to make it work with help of JS and decoded again on dialog load. The tooltip is not going to look good and you need to go for additional changes.

For example, if I put tooltip text in 2 or 3 para or as <br>, then it would not be look good, first part is getting trimmed like below

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 12.35.26 PM.png

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 3

I'm interested in fieldlabel and not in fielddescription.

There were no custom code changes to make it work in CQ 5.6. Are you saying all these properties encoded in 6.4 and hence it will never apply any html tags in there?

Community Advisor

It still works in classic UI but not Touch UI.

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Arun - I know it works in 5.6 and not in 6.4. and stated the same in the question.

Point of raising this question is to know why it wont work in AEM 6.4.

Community Advisor

Both the UI, Touch and Classic based on different framework, doesn't matter which AEM version you are using 5.6 or 6.4.

For Coral and Granite UI, these properties are getting encoded, may be as part of design don't know, you can raise this with day care or overlay the existing functionality.

Arun Patidar

Level 10

Whats wrong with the default behavior anyhow - it works fine. As Arun stated - Touch UI is a different framework then Classic UI where you could use <br>. I ahve not seen any examples in the Touch UI where label and textfield are on different lines.

Level 1

Hi Nilesh,

Did you get any solution for this ?

Level 10

AFAIK, Touch UI fieldDescription does not support this.

Level 1

So it seems that it is not possible to add a line break directly. Although, new line character i.e. "\n" does seem to be having some effect.

So in case somebody really needs to achieve this they can use "\n" along with whitespace css property. Something like :

.coral-Form-fieldset-legend {

white-space : pre-line;

}

Level 1
Level 1

You should render the property as html:

${model.fieldLabel @ context="html"}