Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I configure my AEM Dispatcher to bypass the login page on the Publish site when accessing it from the Dispatcher server

Level 2

I have configured my AEM Dispatcher to serve /content/ websites from the Publish instance (on a separate server). The Dispatcher is running on example IP 10.0.0.4 and the Publisher is running on 10.0.0.5:4503.

Expected behavior:

The Dispatcher should serve content on its Dispatcher URL at 10.0.0.4/content/.../website.html without requiring login at /libs/granite/core/content/login.html. However, the Publisher website should still require login before hitting the /content/.../website.html page.

Current behavior:

The Dispatcher is still requiring login to access the /content/.../website.html page.

Question:
How can I configure my AEM Dispatcher to bypass the login page on the Publish site when accessing it from the Dispatcher server?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you setup your aem publisher correctly with publish run mode it’s available by default. No customization needed to access /content and /etc.clientlibs. You can check the run mode on aem publish instance to make sure that it’s run mode is setup as publish. Secondly, you can also check the access level of anonymous user that it has read permission for /content node and /etc.clientlibs node

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

It seems a wiered requirement that you need a login on aem publisher for serving the content.

normally Aem publisher has anonymous user that has permission for /content and /etc.clientlibs to serve the pages, assets and clientlibs anonymously without requiring you to login and dispatcher will severs the above request without requiring for authentication. 
Dispatcher alone can’t serve the pages if it’s not allowed from publisher. 
not sure if you are looking for CUG( Closed user group) authentication for your site. If that’s the case then you can take a look https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/security/cug.html?lang=e....

Level 2

That's what I'm led to believe too, the dispatcher alone can't server pages if it's not allowed from publisher. For the purposes of pushing the work forward, I'm going to serve the publisher pages without requiring authentication and if any follow-up to the original question comes up I can try it in my environment.

Level 2

@DPrakashRaj , in that case, how do I disable the the AEM login page for webpages for the http://localhost:4503/content/ directory on the publisher instance?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you setup your aem publisher correctly with publish run mode it’s available by default. No customization needed to access /content and /etc.clientlibs. You can check the run mode on aem publish instance to make sure that it’s run mode is setup as publish. Secondly, you can also check the access level of anonymous user that it has read permission for /content node and /etc.clientlibs node

Level 2

My publisher instance was running in author mode because i mis-labeled the jar as aem-publisher-p4503.jar. I had to rebuild the crx-quickstart repository with the correct .jar name to ensure it runs in publisher mode.

I verified this by going to http://publisher.ip:4503/system/console/status-slingsettings

Thanks!