Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

How can I prevent log file to exceed maximum size

Level 4

Hi,

On my production/QA environment, sometimes my error.log file grows upto 3 GB which makes it difficult to download

Can I divide error.log file for a particular day each into equal sizes say MAX - 2 MB.

Regards,

Shallu Rohilla

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

You can configure the size of the error.log in OSGI Configuration Manager(/system/console/configMgr). Look for "Apache Sling Logging Writer Configuration". You can set the size of the file in "Log File Threshold" property.  A size limit can be specified setting a pure number indicating the number of bytes or a number with a size indicator KB, MB, or GB (case is ignored).

Thanks,
Ramya

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

You can configure the size of the error.log in OSGI Configuration Manager(/system/console/configMgr). Look for "Apache Sling Logging Writer Configuration". You can set the size of the file in "Log File Threshold" property.  A size limit can be specified setting a pure number indicating the number of bytes or a number with a size indicator KB, MB, or GB (case is ignored).

Thanks,
Ramya