Expand my Community achievements bar.

How can i check if aem asset has been processed in AEM cloud

Level 2

I Have a requirement, where i need to get dam:sha1 of asset to find asset duplicates. However Asset metadata gets created post processing of asset, if i check "dam:sha1" immediately in code it gives NPE. So how can i check if asset has been processed and i pick dam:sha1 property from metadata post that?

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@Abhijeet_Kumar you dont need to write any new code, AEM provides this feature OOTB. Just follow this page on how to enable it in AEM..

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/admin/detect...

Level 2

Hi @Shashi_Mulugu , Thanks for response. I know about this workflow. The problem is this workflow runs and sends notification in the inbox but  what i am  looking for is a dialog popping up on file upload progress itself. As it does in local system. If we enable detect duplicate `com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.servlet.CreateAssetServlet`. here we get the dialog upon upload of asset itself in local . We are looking to restrict user uploading duplicate Asset in system in cloud too.

Community Advisor

As @Shashi_Mulugu duplicate detection is available OOTB.

Just in case you need it for any other purpose, you would need to check if jcr:content/dam:assetState property is set to "processed".

Aanchal Sikka

Level 2

How can we check asset processed, it will throw null.

Do i need to loop and wait  for `jcr:content/dam:assetState`  turns to processed ?.
If so, please help here.

Administrator

@Abhijeet_Kumar Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni