Expand my Community achievements bar.

How are assets stored in AEM Assets on cloud?

Level 9

As per my understanding, once we upload assets to AEM Assets on Cloud, they will be stored in Binary Cloud Storage, and only references will be stored in AEM Author. The Asset Micro service is used to process the asset for rendition, metadata extraction, etc. What I am trying to understand is, I do not see any references to Binary Cloud Storage in asset properties.

Is there a property or metadata that indicates where Binary Cloud Storage is located? Is it possible to see where the actual file is stored in Binary Cloud Storage? Please clarify.

Reference - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/asset-micros...

4 Replies

Community Advisor

AEM just maintains the pointers to binary storage for the Assets uploaded, Please refer the below screenshot from the documentation.

Manikumar_1-1670260614747.png

Level 9

Yeah this is exactly I am trying to see in real. I dont see any pointers in the asset properties. Is there a any place or location to check ?

Community Advisor

Hi @Mario248 ,

Binary data format is a low level thing usually taken care by the product. However, you can find it in the metadata property. The binary data stored in the jcr:data property.

Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 10.43.41 PM.png

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

Level 9

Is the original file actually stored in AEM cloud? My understanding is that the actual original file is stored in Binary Cloud Storage, which is not part of AEM cloud? Is my understanding incorrect?