Expand my Community achievements bar.

How AEM as a Cloud Service Scales | AEM Community Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

How AEM as a Cloud Service Scales by Dan Klco

Abstract

With AEM as a Cloud Service, Adobe has solved some extremely challenging problems in order to make AEM scale in the cloud. These challenges relate to the underlying implementation and concepts behind AEM and are: Each AEM instance stores the application code in the repository which is, therefore, mutable Each AEM instance stores the content repository on the filesystem Publishing content from an author to publish instances is not journaled and therefore cannot be reproduced on new instances How did Adobe overcome these challenges? And what’s so different between AEM as a Cloud Service’s approach from AEM “Classic”? As I discussed in my previous blog post dissecting the bundles in AEM as a Cloud Service, AEM “Classic” and AEM as a Cloud Service share most of the same underlying technologies. The key difference is how two tools use these technologies. There are some key differences that enable Adobe to dynamically scale AEM as a Cloud Service vs the fixed model for AEM “Classic”.

Read Full Blog

How AEM as a Cloud Service Scales

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies