Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

hide publish button on touch ui

Level 2

Hi,

I want to hide the Publish button on touch ui both from the page and the sites.html for a particular group of users. Can we do that as we did in classic Ui by going to crx/explorer and denying jcr:read access. If yes then which path should we deny. Or is there any other way to do it?

Thanks,

Tushar

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1
You should be able to hide the publish button by going to /useradmin select the user or group you want to change then go to the permissions tab and uncheck the replicate checkbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 1
You should be able to hide the publish button by going to /useradmin select the user or group you want to change then go to the permissions tab and uncheck the replicate checkbox.

Administrator

Check this :- https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/administer/security/security.html

ReplicateThe user can replicate content to another environment (for example, the Publish environment). The privilege is also applied to any child pages.

You can control from here.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1
        i did the same thing - removed replicate permission for the groups which are not supposed to see publish and unpublish for certain dam assets/pages, it is working in classic UI but not in touch UI. those buttons are coming from  /libs/dam/gui/content/assetdetails/jcr:content/actions/unpublish.  could you please help us with it.

Level 2

Overlay  node in your project /libs/wcm/core/content/sites/jcr:content/actions/selection

to overlay copy the above from libs to under /apps/wcm/core/content

Remove the publish node under this node and this will remove the publish button. There are other action buttons you can remove if you wish to customise it.

Hope it will help others who will be looking for the same.