Expand my Community achievements bar.

HELP! ADOBE LIVECYCLE TEMPLATE FOR WITHHOLDING TAX COMPUTATION

Level 2

Hello, I have a problem with my withholding tax formula. What's happening is that it seems to be sorting the amount of withholding tax, and all those not liable for withholding tax are placed at the bottom part, which distorts the breakdown of the computation.

it 
supposed to be like this.

Gaddiel_11_0-1690857073544.png

But the output become like this.

Gaddiel_11_1-1690857104637.png

This is the default script under Withholding Tax Row

Gaddiel_11_2-1690857137927.png

this my Data Binding under withholding tax field
"$.PaymentAdvice.PaymentExplanation.Item[*].WithholdingTaxAmount"

Gaddiel_11_3-1690857192300.png

This the default script & Data Binding under Payment Amount

"$.PaymentAdvice.PaymentExplanation.Item[*].NetAmount"

Gaddiel_11_5-1690857372369.png

Gaddiel_11_4-1690857314014.png

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Have you found any sorting scripts for the mentioned column? Share the form if you can (vkatoch07@gmail.com) will have a look.

Community Advisor

There is no sorting script in the form. I tested with some test data and the issue is not replicated.

Can you please check your data if it is coming correctly? There is simple mapping in the form.

Level 2

Hi Sir, the Data Source being used is coming from SAP, so basically, the Withholding Tax Amount is already computed in SAP. In other words, the plan was to extract the details using Data Binding from Adobe LiveCycle Form. However, what happened is that the withholding tax amount did not sync properly based on the expected invoice. It seems that it sorted the amounts in ascending order and placed all zero withholding taxes at the bottom. This makes me wonder why, despite having data binding from the data source, the data is still not correctly synchronized.

Community Advisor

$.PaymentAdvice.PaymentExplanation.Item[*].WithholdingTaxAmount

Isn't all your node inside the "PaymentAdvice.PaymentExplanation", 

what is Item[*]?

I think the issue is in the schema structuring.

Level 2

I think Item [*], this means that you can access each "Item" node and retrieve its values.

Community Advisor

try to map your main row with $.PaymentAdvice.PaymentExplanation.Item[*]

and then individual fields with their corresponding node.

Level 2

Hi Sir, thank you!! I've tried it, but it still didn't work. I think what's happening is that it's able to retrieve the data for the withholding tax, but it's not properly syncing it with the corresponding invoice."

Level 2

Here's the sample data from SAP

Gaddiel_11_0-1690868918482.png

then here's the SAP Output

Gaddiel_11_1-1690868971114.png