Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Handling xtype => slingscriptinclude in AEM 6.4

Level 3

Hello,

I'm migrating from AEM 5.6 to AEM 6.4. In one of my dialog i have xtype => slingscriptinclude for which i'm not sure what should be the sling:resourceType we should be using. 

Has anyone come across this xtype? If yes, what was the replacement used for this. If this is not OOTB xtype, is this custom xtype?

Any help w.r.t. would be much appreciated. thank you.

-Nilesh

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

The script to look up in the parent component.  It will be run and the results included.

You can check below:

/libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/SlingScriptInclude.js

Example : siteStructure in advance tab of Page Property

/libs/foundation/components/page/tab_advanced/items/siteStructure

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 7.34.34 PM.png

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Arun, we are already aware about the location of the script and where it is used in AEM 5.6.1. We are looking for pointers as to what would this xtype be converted to in order to function in AEM 6.4.

So if you know what would be the correct sling:resourcetype for this xtype, please advise. Thank you.

Community Advisor

There is no replacement I believe if you didn't converted dialog for touch UI.

you can go for custom implementation and build according to your requirement.

you can use jsp/servlet instead with Selector and create a default servlet and return the coral dialog field which you created like another granite type.

sling

Example :

acs-aem-commons/TagWidgetConfigurationServlet.java at master · Adobe-Consulting-Services/acs-aem-com...

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 10

In addition - with Touch UI - you can build custom sling resource types if the available touch ui resource types do not meet your needs. For example, assume you want a color picker. You can do so using JQUERY. Details here: Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a custom Experience Manager sling:resourceType for Touch UI

As you can see - you have a lot of flexibility when working with touch ui resource types.

Level 10

Did you run the dialog conversion tool - did it convert that xtype to a sling resource type?

Level 3

Yes, we did run dialog conversion tool and it did not convert this xtype to sling:resourceType and hence posted a query here.

Widget API Documentation can be found at - https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/sites/developing/using/reference-materials/widgets-ap...

The JS script location on AEM 5.6.1 - /libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/SlingScriptInclude.js