Expand my Community achievements bar.

Handling Sling Schedulers in AEM as a Cloud Service | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Handling Sling Schedulers in AEM as a Cloud Service by Adobe Tech Blog

Abstract

Are you considering a move to AEM as a Cloud Service? Are you wondering how to handle your Sling Scheduler code after reading this section of the Development Guidelines page? Worry not, I’ll try to make it a little easier for you.

First of all, the good news, not every Sling Scheduler code has to be changed. If a missed/incomplete execution isn’t business critical, you might be OK leaving your code as is. For example, if you have a Scheduler code that pushes AEM content to an indexing server every hour, but, there is also a crawler that crawls the end user site to index content, a missed execution of the AEM code isn’t the end of the world. Another example would be if your Scheduler runs every X minutes.

I would still recommend switching it over, but, it doesn’t have to be, at least not in the first release, you can push that story out to post MVP.

You will need a few things
1. A class that schedules your Job
2. A class that consumes your Job Topic
3. An OSGi configuration for your Job Topic

Read Full Blog

Handling Sling Schedulers in AEM as a Cloud Service

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies