Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Give us your 2019 Ask the AEM Community Expert Session ideas

Level 10

As part of the AEM Community, we run a monthly webinar named Ask the AEM Community Experts.

We are looking for your 2019 suggestions. Please leave a reply and describe the ATCE Session that you would like to see in 2019.

Everyone whom posts a suggestion (closes DEC 1) will enter a draw for a community gift.

UPDATE: We will draw the winner in early JAN and the reward will be sent later in Jan. Thxs for all of the useful suggestions.

30 Replies

Level 1

If you can cover any session with most commonly used rewrite rules in web server for AEM it would be better.

Level 1

If you can cover what all the features aem provides or where we can find, instead of just one topic, it would be great. Also if u can relate all the features provided in AEM, there will be increase in usage. As a developer, if i search for a functionality i need and got the result it's good. But if i search for a functionality and i got the result along with the answer WHY i i should use it, it would be amazing.

Community Advisor

Here we can have different topics for Ask the community expert session in 2019: 1. As we know everything is moving on AI then let's search and discuss the Adobe Sensei. 2. AEM version is releasing every year, so we should discuss about upgrading version, best practices and difficulties. 3. Multisite manager website best practices. 4. New AEM versions compatibility with versions of different tools. 5. Details description about OSGI service API. Regards, Prince

Level 2

Can we please have a session on the various ways for moving the content from production to lower environments? Can we create a scheduled job for it so that lower environments(especially staging) always reflect the production content?

Level 2
  1. A working session on best practices to integrate Adobe Recommendation using Adobe I/O API to consume recommendation data through backend.
  2. Information to track DAM workflows progress/steps through DTM to capture information.

Level 3

Hi Scott,

I think we can have topics like,

1. Search Optimization in AEM (we had lot of sessions on this ,but with new versions of AEM coming in ,it would be great to know the improvements on search area).
  2. More use cases on content fragments ,as it is one of the important features in latest versions.
  3. Best practices on Assets Management,integrations with different cloud systems,asset search.
  4. Ratings and review system in AEM and management of its data.
  5. Adobe Social features.
  6. Apart from features in AEM, many business partners are moving to AEM from different CMS systems.Site importer feature is not available any more,so information on any other features that facilitates easy migration from different systems(may be popular cms systems).

Thanks,

Deepikaa.

Level 2

It would be great to see sessions on:
fully functional Multi Site Manager managed as Translation project may be,
capabilities of AEM as "assetmanager" over other asset manager tools available,
integrating a bot with AEM,

integrating with sitecatalyst to get trending contents,
session on best practices of handling UserGeneratedContent,
best practices when developing solutions overriding AEM features in Touch built using Coral UI.

Thanks

Level 10

Would like to see Adobe I/O integration with AEM or Adobe Campaign integrated solution with AEM. It could be self-paced learning modules with sample code like WKND or SPA-Editor format with follow up sessions.

Another interesting bucket could be for Adobe partners and/or clients to share AEM related real-life use cases/problem statements, solution strategies, evaluations, caveats, pitfalls, lessons learnt, best practices along with Adobe recommended solutions. Data and content could always be mocked up for the sessions to adhere to compliance & regulations. It might help in identifying standard solutions and getting rid of anti-patterns across the board.

Level 4

Would like to see a session on creating a mobile app for a site using AEM.

Level 10

A lot of request sessions here has been covered in this year, request everyone to please look at the covered session here AEM Ask the AEM Community Expert

and then come up with specific ask for session to avoid repetition and also to cover different products areas.