Expand my Community achievements bar.

Getting Started with AEM Sites - WKND Tutorial - More Info

Level 10

Hi,

I am following Getting Started with AEM Sites - WKND Tutorial at Adobe Experience Manager Help | Getting Started with AEM Sites - WKND Tutorial

1. I believe Windows is the most widely used OS and so Windows based instructions will be more useful.

End of the day, we do not want people to spend a lot of time, searching for equivalent commands on different OSes, which is counter productive.

2. I think that the testing instructions should be more elaborate.

For example, If I install Part-5 (the final part) directly, what to test and how to test is not obvious.

3. Also installing Part-5 alone may not suffice, as there may be other dependencies like Eclipse, Maven and Lazybones.

So, kindly suggest what all to install to complete Part-5.

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Reply

Administrator

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I will share it with the team!!

1. Apart from installing instruction, all the procedure in OS independent. For Lazybone instruction on windows See:- Creating an Adobe Experience Manager project using Lazybones

2. All the parts a have videos in the end. That summarizes the outcome of that part.

3.  The goal for this multi-part tutorial is to teach a developer who is new to AEM how to implement a website in AEM using the latest standards and technologies. I will not recommend you to miss any step within.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni