Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Getting Error While Creating AEM Maven Project

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I'm Facing an issue While creating the  AEM 6.5 project using Maven Archetype using the following command:

mvn -B org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.1.2:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.adobe.granite.archetypes -DarchetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -D archetypeVersion=23 -DappTitle="Adobe Project" -DappId="adobeproject" -DgroupId="com.adobeproject" -DfrontendModule=general -DincludeExamples=n

I am getting following error:

Murali_D_0-1716889518917.png

Anyone Please help me to fix this issue 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Murali_D 
Please check maven setting.xml, it seems you are relying on https://repo.adobe.com/ repository for artifact downloading , which is decommissioned.

All the artefacts are now available on maven repo.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Murali_D 
Please check maven setting.xml, it seems you are relying on https://repo.adobe.com/ repository for artifact downloading , which is decommissioned.

All the artefacts are now available on maven repo.

Arun Patidar

Level 10

Hi @Murali_D ,

The error you are encountering while creating an AEM 6.5 project using Maven Archetype may be due to a missing or incorrect configuration. Here are some things you can check:

1. Verify your Maven installation: Ensure that Maven is installed correctly on your system and that the `mvn` command is available in your command prompt or terminal.

2. Check your Maven settings: Verify that your Maven settings are correctly configured. Check the `settings.xml` file in your Maven installation directory and ensure that it contains the correct configuration for your AEM instance.

3. Check your network connection: Ensure that you have a stable network connection and that you are able to connect to the remote Maven repository.

4. Check the Maven Archetype version: Verify that you are using the correct version of the Maven Archetype plugin. For AEM 6.5, you should use version 24 or later.

5. Check the command syntax: Double-check the syntax of the `mvn` command you are using to create the AEM project. Ensure that all the required parameters are included and that they are correctly formatted.

6. Try running the command with elevated privileges: If you are encountering permission errors, try running the `mvn` command with elevated privileges (e.g., as an administrator or with `sudo`).

By checking these configuration settings and verifying the command syntax, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue you are encountering while creating an AEM 6.5 project using Maven Archetype.