Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Getting Deny in json response if I unchecked the modify permission to user.

Level 7

akshaybhujbale_0-1656946880437.png

Please refer this

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@akshaybhujbale That's expected behaviour - when you update ACL's those are stored under node as respective node as rep:policy as you see below and that's reflect in response of json 
Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 11.37.31 AM.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @akshaybhujbale ,

Would be appreciated if you give us a bit more background information, what you are trying to do and what is the exact issue.

Regards,

Santosh

Level 7

In the page json response we get Access policy info for that page.

if admin removed modify permission on useradmin portal then in json responce getting deny as shown in screenshot.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@akshaybhujbale That's expected behaviour - when you update ACL's those are stored under node as respective node as rep:policy as you see below and that's reflect in response of json 
Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 11.37.31 AM.png

Community Advisor

In addition to what @SantoshSai has explained, if you want to remove deny you can go to Touch UI permissions page : /security/permissions.html/principal/everyone and delete the deny permission.

I am not sure what URL you are using to get JSON but to avoid rep:policy in JSON response, you can hit model.json of the page(eg /content/we-retail.model.json ) or jcr:content.infinity.json(/content/we-retail/jcr:content.infinity.json)

Community Advisor

@akshaybhujbale

The permission model comes with the additive & inheritance model i.e.

• If there are multiple groups assigned to the user the combined permission will be applicable to the user, and
  • if there is permission on the parent group then that will float to its child group.

Permission over here are applied as:

• Implicit = Indirect
  • Explicit = Direct

Now if you are unchecking any checkbox over here, that means you might be overriding the permission coming from the parent group. And, therefore having the "DENY" permission states that over here the permissions are removed explicitly from that group/user.

shaileshbassi_0-1657016297763.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks