Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Generate ui.content folder in AEM project

Level 2

Hi all,

in my company I need to work on an old aem project (AEM 6.4.5).

In this project there's no ui.content folder (only /core and /ui.apps) so when I install the package on my local instance there's no Sites instance of this project. How can I generate this site and some sample pages for this project?

Sorry but I'm new to AEM.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Giuderos ,

You can generate a new project using the latest archetype forAEM 6.4.5 and then copy the ui.content in your code base. You will have to update the pom.xml as per your project version and dependency. Also, include this new content structure in your parent pom.xml.

Once this is done, You can package some sample pages that you want to include in the build and copy those pages in ui.content folder and also those required path in filter.xml file. Add any dependency it asks for.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Giuderos ,

You can generate a new project using the latest archetype forAEM 6.4.5 and then copy the ui.content in your code base. You will have to update the pom.xml as per your project version and dependency. Also, include this new content structure in your parent pom.xml.

Once this is done, You can package some sample pages that you want to include in the build and copy those pages in ui.content folder and also those required path in filter.xml file. Add any dependency it asks for.