Highlighted

Generate progressive image with imagemagick in AEM

anand19cse

anand19cse

anand19cse

15-01-2019

Our requirement is to create the progressive JPEG image with different renditions while uploading JPEG image in DAM. Where all the renditions image should also be progressive or interlaced.

I found the online documentation on integration with imageMagick tool.
Please find the url here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/6-4/assets/using/best-practices-for-imagemagick.html

But in this docs, only flip command is mentioned to flip the image using imagemagick. When i run the interlace command to create the progressive image. It didn't work.

command:

"C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16\convert.exe"  -strip -interlace Plane -quality 60  ./${filename} ./${basename}.progressive.jpg

Do we have any command which will work for progressive image creation.

Replies

Highlighted

kautuk_sahni

Community Manager

Total Posts

Correct Answer

kautuk_sahni

Community Manager

Total Posts

Correct Answer

kautuk_sahni
Community Manager

15-01-2019

ukgaurav amitgupt Any help on this question?

Highlighted

ukgaurav

Employee

ukgaurav

Employee

ukgaurav
Employee

16-01-2019

HI, If its an issue with Imagemagick then you need to report it with them or check their help section. Also check this https://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-server/viewtopic.php?t=16341 Thanks

Highlighted

anand19cse

anand19cse

anand19cse

16-01-2019

Thanks!

But i am able to convert in progressive image by imageMagick tool using command line. So it should not be problem with tools.

When we run the same progressive command in AEM dam_update_asset, then it doesn't work.

Highlighted

ukgaurav

Employee

ukgaurav

Employee

ukgaurav
Employee

16-01-2019

Do you see any error in logs when you run via AEM?

Highlighted

anand19cse

anand19cse

anand19cse

16-01-2019

No errors in log.

I am getting same logs with progressive command as flip command (flip command executes successfully).

We can open dam_update_asset workflow and configured "EPS thumnails (Poered by imagemagick)" step and configured the below command for progressive image.

"C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16\convert.exe"  -strip -interlace Plane -quality 60  ./${filename}./${basename}.progressive.jpg

Note: Please make sure to setup the path variable of imagemagick in your local system.