Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Generate progressive image with imagemagick in AEM

Level 2
Our requirement is to create the progressive JPEG image with different renditions while uploading JPEG image in DAM. Where all the renditions image should also be progressive or interlaced.

I found the online documentation on integration with imageMagick tool.
Please find the url here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/6-4/assets/using/best-practices-for-imagemagick.html

But in this docs, only flip command is mentioned to flip the image using imagemagick. When i run the interlace command to create the progressive image. It didn't work.

command:

"C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16\convert.exe"  -strip -interlace Plane -quality 60  ./${filename} ./${basename}.progressive.jpg

Do we have any command which will work for progressive image creation.

5 Replies

Administrator

ukgaurav amitgupt Any help on this question?

Kautuk Sahni

Employee

HI, If its an issue with Imagemagick then you need to report it with them or check their help section. Also check this https://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-server/viewtopic.php?t=16341 Thanks

Level 2

Thanks!

But i am able to convert in progressive image by imageMagick tool using command line. So it should not be problem with tools.

When we run the same progressive command in AEM dam_update_asset, then it doesn't work.

Employee

Do you see any error in logs when you run via AEM?

Level 2

No errors in log.

I am getting same logs with progressive command as flip command (flip command executes successfully).

We can open dam_update_asset workflow and configured "EPS thumnails (Poered by imagemagick)" step and configured the below command for progressive image.

"C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16\convert.exe"  -strip -interlace Plane -quality 60  ./${filename}./${basename}.progressive.jpg

Note: Please make sure to setup the path variable of imagemagick in your local system.