Expand my Community achievements bar.

Full text search in AEM 6.2

Level 8

Hi All,

Suppose, there is a requirement to implement full text search in AEM 6.2. One way would be via 

1] QueryBuilder.

Is there any other way it can be achieved.

2] Also, have seen couple of integrations like S&P wherein we pass of a list of attributes data, which is indexed and then results sent back to AEM.

Is it something like full text AEM search cannot be implemented when we have integration with S&P.

5 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

Depends on where content is indexed & acl needs to be applied or not. What is your requirements?

Thanks,

Level 8

Hi,

Few queries.

1] I had two seperate questions basically. Apart from querybuilder, is there any other way by which we can implement full text search. The other one, being can we implement full text search via S&P.

2] "Depends on where content is indexed & acl needs to be applied or not" : Did not quite get this.

Level 9

Hi,

You are justing reposting the original description. 

Why are you looking for other way?   If there any requirement that is not filled by OOB fulltext?

Assume you moved to S&P and solr. Then the permission(acl) set to restrict particular content will not be reflected in other search engine. So you end displaying the protected content.

Thanks,

Level 8

Hi ,

"Assume you moved to S&P and solr. Then the permission(acl) set to restrict particular content will not be reflected in other search engine. So you end displaying the protected content."

This is something that I am not quite sure about. In our case, we are passing an xml[product nodes with certain atttribute values], which is fed into S&P[indexing happens on S&P end] and the results are returned back to AEM.