Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

FTP PASV connection on AEM as Cloud Services

Level 3

Hi all,

i need to connect AEM author as a Cloud Service to to the enterprise ftp. I've everything I need for the requirement, and I've it running in my local environment.
But I've a problem when configuring fort forwarding in cloud.
As we know FTP in Passive mode returns random ports to perform the data transmission connection. And that is the problem, when configuring "Flexible Port Egress" because I can't use a port range as source ports.

VictorToledo_0-1707326248964.png

VictorToledo_2-1707326364089.png

Any solution?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Did you try SFTP instead of FTP ?

FTP may use random port, 

Connecting AEM as a Cloud Service to an FTP server can be challenging due to the nature of FTP's passive mode and the restrictions on port forwarding in many cloud environments.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@VictorToledo did you had a chance to connect with Adobe Customer Support/CSE.. what is the feedback?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Did you try SFTP instead of FTP ?

FTP may use random port, 

Connecting AEM as a Cloud Service to an FTP server can be challenging due to the nature of FTP's passive mode and the restrictions on port forwarding in many cloud environments.

Level 3

good point! i will try to test it.

I dont have the final configuration yet, but i did a POC on my local env

Administrator

@VictorToledo Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni