Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Frequent building of clientlibs folder

Level 2

Hi,

This issue is related to frequent building of client lib folder in adobe cq5.

Whenever i updating the code in js and css file, the changes are not reflected as soon as saving the related js and css file.

i have to do this url http://server:port//libs/granite/ui/content/dumplibs.rebuild.html.

After clicking the "rebuild libraries" button, then only my changes are updated in the html file.

Can i have to configure any file to bypass this process or do i have to build every time ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Dave Hughes wrote...

My project has found that we need to periodically build clientlibs also, though not as frequently as the OP described.  We are using 5.6.1.

We have struggled to create a development workflow for this, as we can't determine the events or conditions that make a clientlib rebuild necessary.  Is there any useful documentation about rebuilding clientlibs and what makes doing so necessary?

Hi Dave,    I would treat this as bug. Please file daycare with exact steps & logs to investigate.  I could not reproduce on 5.6.1 might me some edge case. For rebuilding delete the files at /var/clientlibs/*

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

You do not have to build every time. Which version of aem?

Level 4

My project has found that we need to periodically build clientlibs also, though not as frequently as the OP described.  We are using 5.6.1.

We have struggled to create a development workflow for this, as we can't determine the events or conditions that make a clientlib rebuild necessary.  Is there any useful documentation about rebuilding clientlibs and what makes doing so necessary?

Level 2

I am using AEM 5.6.0 version and It's a war file.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Dave Hughes wrote...

Hi Dave,    I would treat this as bug. Please file daycare with exact steps & logs to investigate.  I could not reproduce on 5.6.1 might me some edge case. For rebuilding delete the files at /var/clientlibs/*