Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Franklin with (Dam) asset

Level 4

Hi Team, 

I have migrated a small website in Franklin and I'm learning it deeply.

I have one query,

I just want to check how we can play with (Dam) asset in Franklin.

Suppose, I need add any image from my DAM to farinklin document how I can do it  or manually I need to copy the path on page?

How I can drag and drop the image from DAM?

I sincerely appreciate your help and suggestion.

@Nirmal_Jose 

Thanks

Abhi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Abhishekty ,

Currently, drag and drop is not supported. There is something on the roadmap, but currently, there are no timelines for it.

In Franklin projects, there are two ways how you can use AEM Assets or other existing digital asset management solutions,

(a) by referencing assets by URL into your Franklin page, or

(b) by directly copying/pasting a high-resolution asset into your document from the browsing experience of AEM Assets.

The latter option is more common as it is intuitive for authors and has better delivery performance. In highly controlled environments with complex asset compliance requirements option (a) may be more advisable.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Nitesh

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Abhishekty ,

Currently, drag and drop is not supported. There is something on the roadmap, but currently, there are no timelines for it.

In Franklin projects, there are two ways how you can use AEM Assets or other existing digital asset management solutions,

(a) by referencing assets by URL into your Franklin page, or

(b) by directly copying/pasting a high-resolution asset into your document from the browsing experience of AEM Assets.

The latter option is more common as it is intuitive for authors and has better delivery performance. In highly controlled environments with complex asset compliance requirements option (a) may be more advisable.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Nitesh

Level 4

Hi @nitesh_kumar ,

First I would like to thank you for brief details actually it will really helped me and I would more interested in the first of option if you can give your thought.

If we will go with the first option and if we use reference URL then how we will display that image on document Franklin document. It will display a thumbnail image or we will display the URL?

I'm just thinking how we can reduce the author work/ complexity, So, how author can use a short URL. how he can use different domain URL?

Again thank you for sharing your advice with me.

Tahnks

Abhishek