Expand my Community achievements bar.

Form data and reverse replication in AEM 6.3

Level 4

Hi,

is form data saved under /content/usergenerated reverse replicated to author out of the box?

I have properly configured reverse replication agent on author and reverse replication outbox on publish, form data is saved under usergenerated folder, but nothing is created in the outbox folder on publish. Any idea why this is not working?

Thanks!

3 Replies

Level 10

In the AEM docs topic - it says UGC is not done any more using reverse replication -- Replication

Level 4

Hi Scott,

when saying that UGC is not reverse replicated anymore, I guess that it refers to the UGC strictly related to AEM Communities (forums, blogs, etc.) and not to the out of the box form components. This is my assumption though, documentation is not fully clear unfortunately. Do you think we can have an official answer from AEM engineering team?
And, in case AEM does not support reverse replication out of the box, which is the recommended mechanism to make the form data generated on publish instances available also on author instance?

Thanks!

Employee

Hi boser87 I believe if the form content is stored as page and stored under /content/usergenerated or any other location ,then all you need is set cq:distribute to true. Rest should be taken care automatically if we have our reverse replication agents enabled.

You might want to - Check this KB