Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Folder Settings Button

Level 6

Hi,

What are the required permissions for a user to be able to see the Folder Settings button in the assets section?

When I am logged in as admin I am able to see it, but with an user in the Dam Users group is not able to.

Att.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Log in as an admin, goto folder settings and Add the DAM Users as 'Owner' and save.

Now, when you loging with DAM User, for the folder for which the access has been given, you can see the 'folder settings' options enabled.

Regards,

Lokesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Log in as an admin, goto folder settings and Add the DAM Users as 'Owner' and save.

Now, when you loging with DAM User, for the folder for which the access has been given, you can see the 'folder settings' options enabled.

Regards,

Lokesh

Level 6

Hi @bsloki,

Thanks for the tip.

So in this case only the owner has access to this button? So, if the user creates the folder it will appear, right?

Thanks

Level 10

Unfortunately, it doesn't.. Though non-admin users create a folder, unless admin gives the owner access that user will not have folder settings options.

Level 6

Hi @bsloki,

I've made some tests and the Folder Settings button is enabled in case user has the permission to Read and Modify Acls.

Thanks