Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

'Fixed Component' message and no drag frame with editbar after 5.4 to 5.6 upgrade

Level 2

Some of our components (which are not cq:included as part of a template or another component) are displaying the 'Fixed Component' message when attempting to move/reorder them on the page. This only occurs if the cq:layout is set to rollover. If set to editbar, there is no frame to grab to even begin attempting to move them. Anyone seen and hopefully fixed this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

AFAIK directly including template/component with <cq:include> get Fixed component. Sound like a bug to me but could not reproduce even with upgradation.  Do you have sample case to reproduce locally on fresh instance? 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

AFAIK directly including template/component with <cq:include> get Fixed component. Sound like a bug to me but could not reproduce even with upgradation.  Do you have sample case to reproduce locally on fresh instance? 

Level 2

Thank you for looking into this. I'll try it on a fresh install with our apps/content and see what happens. Was really hoping to be able to do an in-place upgrade. I had removed our apps but not the content prior to upgrading fwiw.