Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

'Fixed Component' message and no drag frame with editbar after 5.4 to 5.6 upgrade

Level 2

Some of our components (which are not cq:included as part of a template or another component) are displaying the 'Fixed Component' message when attempting to move/reorder them on the page. This only occurs if the cq:layout is set to rollover. If set to editbar, there is no frame to grab to even begin attempting to move them. Anyone seen and hopefully fixed this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

AFAIK directly including template/component with <cq:include> get Fixed component. Sound like a bug to me but could not reproduce even with upgradation.  Do you have sample case to reproduce locally on fresh instance? 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

AFAIK directly including template/component with <cq:include> get Fixed component. Sound like a bug to me but could not reproduce even with upgradation.  Do you have sample case to reproduce locally on fresh instance? 

Level 2

Thank you for looking into this. I'll try it on a fresh install with our apps/content and see what happens. Was really hoping to be able to do an in-place upgrade. I had removed our apps but not the content prior to upgrading fwiw.