Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Fixed Aggregate Component (i.e. TextImage)

Level 1

Hello fellow AEM users,

we are searching for a component that aggregates other components like for example a Text Image component. The aggregated component should use the implementations of both the text and image component (no code duplication), but there should be no possibility to add or remove components (like in a parsys).

So it's basically a container for the actual components, making it easy to drag this container onto a page instead a having to find all the required components myself.

What would be the options to accomplish this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Check Experience Fragments in AEM.

An Experience Fragment is a set of content that grouped forms an experience that should make sense on its own.

With Experience Fragments marketers can:

Reuse an experience across channels (both owned channels and 3rd party touchpoints)

Create variations of an experience for specific use-cases

Keep variations in sync with the use of Live-Copy

Social Post experiences to Facebook and Pinterest out of the box

Video :- [Experience Fragments] Overview - AEM 6.3

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

Check Experience Fragments in AEM.

An Experience Fragment is a set of content that grouped forms an experience that should make sense on its own.

With Experience Fragments marketers can:

Reuse an experience across channels (both owned channels and 3rd party touchpoints)

Create variations of an experience for specific use-cases

Keep variations in sync with the use of Live-Copy

Social Post experiences to Facebook and Pinterest out of the box

Video :- [Experience Fragments] Overview - AEM 6.3

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

I'm not sure if this is applicable in our situation. 

What we want is

• a component text & image that uses the implementations of text and image to do their respective work
  • a new component with the name TextImage that you can drag from the sidepanel onto a page

Ist that possible with fragments?

Level 10

WHat AEM version are you using. What you are describing sounds like Editable templates. An Editable template can be a container that lets an author drop components that are configured for use on a page based on a editable template.

Administrator

Experience fragment is aggregation of component only.

You can create a EF having Image component and text component. Once it is created, you can now include EF as a component on the page.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Thank you for the help. An editable template is a page template, is that correct? We rather want a component that can be dragged onto any page. It should be visible in the sidepanel (*).

(*)

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-19 um 08.55.18.png

Level 1

How can I make the Experiene Fragment (EF) available as a component in the sidebar? Step 5 of creating an EF wants me to select a template (Experience Fragments)​, I think this is not applicable in our situation because it should not be tied to a specific template.

Administrator

This template is not the page template.

This is template of EF. Choose We.Retail and proceed. Once EF has been created, it could be used as a component.

Check this Video :- [Experience Fragments] Overview - AEM 6.3

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

I was able to drop an EF onto another page, but there's still some issues:

• We want a dedicated entry for TextImage in the sidebar (not using the EF component with a path to the EF)
  • The configuration of the component should be editable, every component instance has it's own text and image.

Is that possible with EF?

Administrator

Use Content Fragment in EF.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Maybe I'm missing something. I'm following along as I have a similar desire to replicate the old .jsp Foundation textimage component with TouchUI / HTL using Core components, and from my experience, I don't see what the above does for us.

I created a Content Fragment with text and an image and then nested that inside of an Experience Fragment. Dragged the EF onto the page, but there's no dialog for an author to change the text and image. I don't want static text and a static image, but instead a text/image component that can serve as a layout template for authors to add new text and image content in the future.