to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Favicon

Level 2

Hi!

Someone can explain to me in detail how can i add a favicon y my site? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Jeremy98 

You can follow these steps:

1. Add Favicon Icon to Client library resources folder like /apps/<your-project>/clientlibs/clientlib-site/resources/images/favicon.ico

2. Add Dispatcher Rewrite Rule in rewrite.rules file to map /favicon.ico to favicon file on clientlibrary like

##favicon
RewriteRule ^/favicon.ico$ /etc.clientlibs/<your-project>/clientlibs/clientlib-site/resources/images/favicon.ico [NC,PT]

OR 

You can also add direct path to favicon icon in head.html file(example : /apps/my-project/components/structure/page/head.html) of page component like:

<link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/etc.clientlibs/your-project/clientlibs/clientlib-site/resources/images/favicon.ico">

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Nupur

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Jeremy98 

You can follow these steps:

1. Add Favicon Icon to Client library resources folder like /apps/<your-project>/clientlibs/clientlib-site/resources/images/favicon.ico

2. Add Dispatcher Rewrite Rule in rewrite.rules file to map /favicon.ico to favicon file on clientlibrary like

##favicon
RewriteRule ^/favicon.ico$ /etc.clientlibs/<your-project>/clientlibs/clientlib-site/resources/images/favicon.ico [NC,PT]

OR 

You can also add direct path to favicon icon in head.html file(example : /apps/my-project/components/structure/page/head.html) of page component like:

<link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/etc.clientlibs/your-project/clientlibs/clientlib-site/resources/images/favicon.ico">

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Nupur