Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Facing Issues With DSRP - AEM Communites - 6.4

Level 2

Hi Team,

configured storage config as DSRP. created one community site using default available site templates. published the site .

From publish , i was not able to add comments/blog/qna on to the site. (from dev console error is "uncaught syntax error unexpected token U")

But when i change the storage config from DSRP to JSRP , it works fine and i can see UGC too in crx. Using AEM 6.4.

Kindly help me in understanding the issue.

Thanks,

Avinash

13 Replies

Level 10

Did you setup correctly?

MySQL Configuration for DSRP

check this -

Change the MySQL database to default to UTF8 :

• edit file /etc/my.cnf
  • in the [client] section, add the following line:
      default-character-set=utf8
  • in the [mysqld] section, add the following line:
      character-set-server=utf8

Level 2

Hi Gaurav,

Here is how i configured things for communities.

1. Created community site using the available templates . under “/content/sites/usitycommunity/en” site is created.
  2. Storage configuration updated as DSRP and added Solr configurations.
  3. Solr OSGI configurations updated and indexing the community site which is created.
  4. Whitelisted the Solr bundle.
  5. Successfully pages are indexed in Solr.
  6. Jdbc configurations are updated.
  7. From the Community site created ,trying to post a question. Below is the response.

Request URL: http://localhost:4502/content/sites/usitycommunity/en/questions/jcr:content/content/primary/qna.soci...

Request Method: POST

Status Code: 201 Created

Remote Address: [::1]:4502

Referrer Policy: no-referrer-when-downgrade

Content-Length: 355

Content-Type: application/json;charset=utf-8

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 09:14:21 GMT

Location: /content/usergenerated/asi/rdbms/content/sites/usitycommunity/en/questions/jcr:content/content/primary/qna/usity-tDe9

X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff

Accept: application/json, text/javascript, */*; q=0.01

Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br

Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.9

Connection: keep-alive

Content-Length: 105

Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8

Cookie: cq-authoring-mode=TOUCH; cq-forms-formsanddocuments-listing=card; cq-communities-sites=content; SessionPersistence=CLIENTCONTEXT%3A%3DvisitorId%253Danonymous%7CPROFILEDATA%3A%3DauthorizableId%253Danonymous; login-token=5a56cb92-9326-4ad8-879b-ac6dfb7fa13f%3a119f6f72-2388-44a9-a4f7-1e9915c6ac4c_964cb5676645c61920663789e0f87d55%3acrx.default

CSRF-Token: eyJleHAiOjE1NTAyMjI2NTQsImlhdCI6MTU1MDIyMjA1NH0.ua6Y-82p6yrHfIsfhCnztDqB4EOkwQd8dxykv5qjiwQ

Host: localhost:4502

Origin: http://localhost:4502

Referer: http://localhost:4502/content/sites/usitycommunity/en/questions.html

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/71.0.3578.98 Safari/537.36

X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest

id: nobot

:operation: social:createQnaPost

subject: Usity

_charset_: UTF-8

8. Question won’t get submitted.And even data is not saving to DB.

Kindly let me know where am going wrong.

Level 10

Can you validate that you've followed the setup exactly as mentioned in articles -

DSRP - Relational Database Storage Resource Provider

MySQL Configuration for DSRP

test the database connection in silo, enable logs and check the queries for solr and mysql..

Level 2

Hi @gauravb41175071,

Thanks,I configured correctly as per the docs.

Attached the jdbc config.

jdbcconfig.PNG

Also whenever I try to submit anything from community site following error is seen.

blogsubmission.PNG

Following is the error logs :

18.02.2019 11:20:58.545 *WARN* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1550469058541] GET /content/sites/accelarator/en/questions.html HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.webservicesupport.impl.ConfigurationManagerImpl Cloud service /libs/settings/cloudconfigs/translation/msft-translation/msft_trial not found

18.02.2019 11:20:58.582 *INFO* [Apache Sling Resource Resolver Finalizer Thread] com.adobe.granite.repository Service [8850, [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.api.jmx.SessionMBean]] ServiceEvent UNREGISTERING

18.02.2019 11:20:58.613 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1550469058541] GET /content/sites/accelarator/en/questions.html HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.cq.social.commons.comments.impl.CommentSocialComponentResourceListImpl Repository problem while fetching comments.

javax.jcr.RepositoryException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Pool not open

at com.adobe.cq.social.commons.comments.impl.CommentSocialComponentResourceListImpl.getComments(CommentSocialComponentResourceListImpl.java:235) [com.adobe.cq.social.cq-social-commons:1.9.47]

at com.adobe.cq.social.commons.comments.impl.CommentSocialComponentResourceListImpl.prefetchForGetAsMap(CommentSocialComponentResourceListImpl.java:184) [com.adobe.cq.social.cq-social-commons:1.9.47]

at com.adobe.cq.social.commons.comments.api.AbstractCommentCollection.initCommentsWithPrefetch(AbstractCommentCollection.java:359) [com.adobe.cq.social.cq-social-commons:1.9.47]

at com.adobe.cq.social.commons.comments.api.AbstractCommentCollection.getAsMap(AbstractCommentCollection.java:346) [com.adobe.cq.social.cq-social-commons:1.9.47]

Level 10

You got the rootcause & next steps -

com.day.cq.wcm.webservicesupport.impl.ConfigurationManagerImpl Cloud service /libs/settings/cloudconfigs/translation/msft-translation/msft_trial not found  //check the cloud config again and fix it. Not sure if you're using it in your use case?

Repository problem while fetching comments.

javax.jcr.RepositoryException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Pool not open   // Your db connection is not configured properly, check the configurations, schema name and test it without communities with sample db package that it works fine and thereafter test with communities.

Connecting to SQL Databases

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Querying and Persisting Adobe Experience Manager data into MySQL

Level 10

As Gaurav points out - your database connection is not valid.

Level 2

Thanks Gaurav and Scott.

Now am able to connect to DB intermittently...When I refresh the JDBC config in configMgr,same error as above is seen.

Not getting why it is behaving like this!

Any Comments?

Level 2

I hope no need to write any extra backend logic for connecting to DB.

Just configuring the DSRP as per the helpx docs works fine??

Level 10

You'd need the specific drivers and your custom code to connect/test

Please go through these links to understand how it works --

Connecting to SQL Databases

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Querying and Persisting Adobe Experience Manager data into MySQL

Revert in case of any issues.

Level 2

Does this requires any service/feature packs to be installed?!

Level 2

Am getting some exceptions and also OOTB community components are not working properly either in MSRP/DSRP config.

1712153_pastedImage_0.png