Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Extending components on JCR (grey color)

Level 2

I´m requested to extend a component that I see in grey color in the crx/de .

Developer_anon_0-1698745257851.png

it is possible to extend that kind of nodes?

thank you all!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Developer_anon!

The grayed out nodes on the repository browser are read-only and can not be changed. Reason for that is that they are in one of the imutable areas of the repository. The "/libs" tree is reserved for AEM product code. Please see the documentation on AEM Cloud Services and also here for further details.

It's still possible to do customization on these parts of the repository but you'll have to overlay them on the mutable "/apps" path. This documentation outlines the pattern in general and should provide you with everything you need to achieve your goal.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Developer_anon!

The grayed out nodes on the repository browser are read-only and can not be changed. Reason for that is that they are in one of the imutable areas of the repository. The "/libs" tree is reserved for AEM product code. Please see the documentation on AEM Cloud Services and also here for further details.

It's still possible to do customization on these parts of the repository but you'll have to overlay them on the mutable "/apps" path. This documentation outlines the pattern in general and should provide you with everything you need to achieve your goal.

Hope that helps!