Hi AEM Guru's
I am new AEM and right now using AEM 6.5.
I have a requirement in the project
a) Author needs to create event pages(recurring) with Event name, event start, event end, picture , location, category(not visible) and other fields.
b) Top 4 events needs to be displayed on the landing page based on the event pages created with information such as event name, thumbnail image of event, location(like a snapshot version of the event page)
c) There is another page where the user can see all the events on page and can filter them based on the category.
Can anyone of you help me how to architect this requirement and what all to use in AEM 6.5.
Appreciate any help
The generic idea would be :
1. Create Template for event page
2. Create pages at a specific location
3. Create a component which reads top 4 event page(based on criteria like latest created date, modified date etc which can be configured)
4. Create a landing page which have above component and reads the latest events.
5. Create a landing page which reads all event pages content node and include using resource include or cq:include or Java API.
Can I use
a) This summary events page has dropdown with category, based on the selection from drop down event page data has to be displayed. do I need to create a sling Servlet and use Ajax for this.
b) Can I use content fragments to create the event content and use Pojo classes and HTL and render the event pages?
Appreciate any help.
Yes you can use content fragments also if event page structure can be created with content fragments.
To show events based on dropdown values -
a) If the number of events pages are not more then 10, you can load everything and do show hide
b) Otherwise loading content based on ajax call sounds good.