Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error while Exporting Experience Fragment to Adobe Target

Level 3

Hi Everyone,

We are using AEM as Clouse service for our website and I have integrated Adobe Target and Adobe Launch as Cloud Service. I configure A/B Testing and it works fine, so the configuration is done correctly.

However, when I am trying to export Experience Fragment to Adobe Target, it throws error like this -

jainrupal2408_1-1695997465261.png

Error log shows this message -

02.10.2023 00:09:56.537 [cm-p91922-e816739-aem-author-748f7d7ff5-bj77q] *WARN* [sling-cq-polling-importer-10-/conf/<my-app>/settings/cloudconfigs/target] com.day.cq.polling.importer.impl.PollingImporterImpl importData: Failed to import PollConfig(/conf/<my-app>/settings/cloudconfigs/target/jcr:content/segmentsPollConfig): scheme=adobe-target-segments,source=/conf/<my-app>/settings/cloudconfigs/target,target=/etc/segmentation/adobe-target/<client-code>,interval=1200s,enabled=true
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.day.cq.analytics.testandtarget.impl.SegmentImporter.importData(SegmentImporter.java:159) [com.adobe.cq.cq-target-integration:1.4.46]
at com.day.cq.polling.importer.impl.PollingImporterImpl.importData(PollingImporterImpl.java:561) [com.day.cq.cq-polling-importer:5.12.6]
at com.day.cq.polling.importer.impl.PollingImporterImpl.access$000(PollingImporterImpl.java:72) [com.day.cq.cq-polling-importer:5.12.6]
at com.day.cq.polling.importer.impl.PollingImporterImpl$1.run(PollingImporterImpl.java:463) [com.day.cq.cq-polling-importer:5.12.6]
at org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler.impl.QuartzJobExecutor.execute(QuartzJobExecutor.java:349) [org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler:2.7.12]
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202) [org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler:2.7.12]

After some research, I tried multiple things. I have tried with both Editor and Approver access on API credentials. I checked that cloud configs are created in this path : apps/conf/<my-app>/settings/cloudconfigs/target , as shown below :

jainrupal2408_2-1695997604331.png

One thing that I figured out might be causing it is, that I cannot see Target Workspace under Cloud Configurations in Folder properties (as described here in Step 4 - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/integration/experience-f...) : 

jainrupal2408_3-1695998002723.png  

jainrupal2408_0-1695998145664.png

Please let me know if I am missing anything here. 

Many thanks in advance !

Best Regards,

Rupal

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi ,

Did you create Adobe target configuration as mentioned in below doc? 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/sites/integrations/...

What is the error throwing in log file ? 

Level 3

Hi Ravi, 

Yes, I have configured Adobe Target as per Experience League documentation. 
Below is the error log :

02.10.2023 00:09:56.537 [cm-p91922-e816739-aem-author-748f7d7ff5-bj77q] *WARN* [sling-cq-polling-importer-10-/conf/<my-app>/settings/cloudconfigs/target] com.day.cq.polling.importer.impl.PollingImporterImpl importData: Failed to import PollConfig(/conf/<my-app>/settings/cloudconfigs/target/jcr:content/segmentsPollConfig): scheme=adobe-target-segments,source=/conf/<my-app>/settings/cloudconfigs/target,target=/etc/segmentation/adobe-target/<client-code>,interval=1200s,enabled=true
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.day.cq.analytics.testandtarget.impl.SegmentImporter.importData(SegmentImporter.java:159) [com.adobe.cq.cq-target-integration:1.4.46]
at com.day.cq.polling.importer.impl.PollingImporterImpl.importData(PollingImporterImpl.java:561) [com.day.cq.cq-polling-importer:5.12.6]
at com.day.cq.polling.importer.impl.PollingImporterImpl.access$000(PollingImporterImpl.java:72) [com.day.cq.cq-polling-importer:5.12.6]
at com.day.cq.polling.importer.impl.PollingImporterImpl$1.run(PollingImporterImpl.java:463) [com.day.cq.cq-polling-importer:5.12.6]
at org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler.impl.QuartzJobExecutor.execute(QuartzJobExecutor.java:349) [org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler:2.7.12]
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202) [org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler:2.7.12]
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

Community Advisor

@jainrupal2408 We recently had similar issue.Our integration is through IMS Config. Our password got reset automatically for some reason. We reconfigured the IMS config and it connected again to Target and we are able to export the exp fragments again. Just FYI. 

Hi @Saravanan_Dharmaraj ,

Thank you. I will check this too. But were you able to see Adobe Target in cloud configurations in Experience fragments Properties Tab like here ?

For me, the problem is that it doesn't appear here and hence everything fails after that.

jainrupal2408_0-1696344467453.png

Community Advisor

@jainrupal2408 did you find the solution for this? It looks like the NullPointer exception is caused due to the node /etc/segmentation/adobe-target is missing,

Esteban Bustamante

Community Advisor

@jainrupal2408 

I found the reason for this, if you want to export XF to Target you must enable a Legacy Cloud Service config for Target, once you enable that you will be able to export the XF without a problem. This was documented here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/sites/integrations/... 

EstebanBustamante_0-1702403757118.png

Esteban Bustamante

Level 3

Hi @EstebanBustamante , 

Yes, in the end I found this out and then it was successful. Thank you for replying to my question

Its weird that Adobe documentation is not clear enough for this. 

Best,

Rupal