Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Error while doing "mvn install"

Community Advisor

Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:1.12.0:npm (npm install) on project mysite.ui.frontend: Failed to run task: 'npm install' failed. org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1)

The error gets resolved when I manually create the node_modules present under "ui.frontend\node_modules" from the other machine.

Any pointers what could be wrong that on couple of machine the "npm install" is not working.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Shailesh_Bassi_ ,

Please check this thread have similar issue resolved: 

It looks like you are using the latest Node and npm version which may not support some node modules that is installed from the package.json. Try to play around with the npm version and see if that works. From testing myself, I realize that the latest Node and NPM version do not work.

eg.

<npmVersion>6.9.0</npmVersion> to <npmVersion>3.10.8 </npmVersion>

Hope that help!

Regards,

Santosh

Community Advisor

Thanks for the information. I have already went through the document mentioned i.e. https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/error-failed-to-execute-go....

I am using the below configuration. Machine - Dell, Ram 16GB and both having same windows.

<nodeVersion>v12.22.7</nodeVersion>
<npmVersion>6.14.0</npmVersion>

But it is running successfully on one machine and not running on other is quite surprising.

Thanks