Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Error while building a project using Manven

Level 2

hi all,
I'm trying to build a sample project using maven archetype, but encountered an error.

archetype
mvn -B archetype:generate -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -D archetypeVersion=26 -D appTitle="My Project" -D appId="myproject" -D groupId="com.myproject.aem" -D artifactId="myproject-aem-project" -D version="1.0.0-SNAPSHOT" -D aemVersion="6.5.0" -D includeDispatcherConfig=n -D includeExamples=n
Please let me know how to resolve this.

e9e367c5-7954-4ea4-b2f6-f5bb51c214b6.jpg
I'm using Maven - 3.6.3, JDK - 11,  AEM 6.5.0

I also checked adobe profile in .m2/settings.xml/ (working fine) and deleted the repositories and ran the same archetype but still facing the same error.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

hi @rohith_m ,

Please updated the following POM found at path :
.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/archetype/archetype-common/3.2.1/archetype-common-3.2.1.pom and update the groovy-all dependency version from 2.4.16 to 2.4.8:

<dependency>
      <groupId>org.codehaus.groovy</groupId>
      <artifactId>groovy-all</artifactId>
      <version>2.4.8</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>

And then delete the created project folder and re-run the command you are using.
I have tested locally and works well for me.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

hi @rohith_m ,

Please updated the following POM found at path :
.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/archetype/archetype-common/3.2.1/archetype-common-3.2.1.pom and update the groovy-all dependency version from 2.4.16 to 2.4.8:

<dependency>
      <groupId>org.codehaus.groovy</groupId>
      <artifactId>groovy-all</artifactId>
      <version>2.4.8</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>

And then delete the created project folder and re-run the command you are using.
I have tested locally and works well for me.

Thanks.

Employee Advisor

I would recommend to switch to a newer version of the archetype. Current version should be 32.

Level 2

Thanks for the replies.
hey @arunpatidar 
I replaced the given file still issue not solved. the thread continued to change the gradle and all , But why there is no optimal solution for this.
hi @Jörg_Hoh 
Even the latest archetypes giving the same errors.
Hi @milind_bachani 
It worked. saved my day.
got build success.

Thanks all.
keep answering these kinda queries, this will be helpful for candidates like me.