Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Error resolving Document Fragment (AEM Forms Component) AEM 6.3

Level 10

Hi all,

I've been asked by business to fix the AEM Forms Document Fragment component. The issue is the following:

@

As long as the component is not given an assetPath (in the Document Fragment Reference field), it displays as a single line of red text reading "There was an error resolving Document Fragment, please see the logs for details".

Checking the logs reveals a com.adobe.icc.dbforms.exceptions.ICCException caused by a NullPointerException at com.adobe.icc.dbforms.util.ACMUtil.getAssetType on line 366 (sorry I cannot get a log due to security contraints).

Upon further investigation I've identified this problem with this component on several AEM servers, all for different clients (i.e. completely unrelated to each other). However I've found no mention of this issue anywhere online. In fact com.adobe.fd.adaddon.common, the package in question, seems to be completely undocumented.

The component seems to work fine if as soon as a Document Fragment is selected.

Is anyone else aware of this issue? Is there a fix that I can apply to solve (or at least hide) this from the business users?

Thanks in advance,

Theo Pendle

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

For anyone who comes across this in the future:

Apparently this is the desired behaviour of the component, according to an answer I got to an Adobe DayCare ticket

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

For anyone who comes across this in the future:

Apparently this is the desired behaviour of the component, according to an answer I got to an Adobe DayCare ticket