Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Error moving a page (The page is the source root of a launch and the launch will become orphan after this action. The move operation is denied.)

Level 1

Hello all, 

I am a noob AEM user. While wanting to move a page to another location, it shows an error (The page is the source root of a launch and the launch will become orphan after this action. The move operation is denied.) and hence it cannot be moved. The page was likely part of a translation project that's completed from years ago. May I ask how this error can be resolved? By removing the page from launch? Is there a Launch panel that normal users usually cannot access?

Many thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Launch is the child page of source page. it works in inherited fashion so that you are able to move the launch back to its source. so you are correct if you move the source then launch will become orphan. may be if launch is not used any more you can delete the launch and try the move command also make sure to unpublish your page before move otherwise that page on publisher will become orphan

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Launch is the child page of source page. it works in inherited fashion so that you are able to move the launch back to its source. so you are correct if you move the source then launch will become orphan. may be if launch is not used any more you can delete the launch and try the move command also make sure to unpublish your page before move otherwise that page on publisher will become orphan

Level 1

Thank you for answering! I am able to see the name of the launch but I’m not able to do anything (I tried removing the page from launch but nothing happened)

Is Launch normally a part of the Navigation menu? If yes maybe I just don’t have the right permission.

Or where do I go to check things that are in Launch?

Level 1

Hi, we are also unable to delete a launch to facilitate moving the page. We have also tried promoting it and deleting that way but we still get the message up. Why does it still think it has a launch? Is there something else we need to do?