Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error in log file

Level 2

Hi all,

I have the following errors but can not understand what they are associated. Please, help

10 POST /xz.asp;.jpg HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation Exception during response processing.

10 POST /kehu.asp;.jpg HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation Exception during response processing.

10 POST /bin/becker/addCoupon HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught Throwable

9 POST /aytism.asp;.jpg HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation Exception during response processing.

8 'threadPool' is null.

7 POST /66555.asp;.jpg HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation Exception during response processing.

6 POST /media/ali.asp/ali.jpg HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation Exception during response processing.

5 POST /search-results.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation Exception during response processing.

5 POST /home.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation Exception during response processing.

4 POST /UserFiles/ali.asp;ali%281%29.jpg HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation Unable to create resource named ali.asp in /content/sites/mysite/UserFiles

4 POST /UserFiles/ali.asp;ali%281%29.jpg HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation Exception during response processing.

4 POST /media/ali.asp/ali.jpg HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation Unable to create resource named ali.asp in /content/sites/mysite/media

2 POST /userfiles/ali.asp;ali%281%29.jpg HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation Unable to create resource named ali.asp in /content/sites/mysite/userfiles

2 POST /userfiles/ali.asp;ali%281%29.jpg HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation Exception during response processing.

2 POST /media/ali.asp/ali.jpg HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation Unable to create resource named ali.asp in /content/sites/mysite/media

3 Replies

Level 10

You need to provide a lot more details here. What are you doing when you got these messages.  Looks like you are attempting to post data. Are you using a custom component do to so. Or are you using an out of the box sample? Please provide the steps that you performed. 

Employee Advisor

Hi,

just looking at these, I wonder why do so many POST requests, which are then handled by the SlingPost handler. Just out of my gut feeling, you are processing the error.log of your publish instance, where the anonymous user is not allowed to modify any resource, is that correct?

While you cannot prevent anonymous users to send POST requests to your images, you can block unwanted requests on dispatcher also to avoid polluting your AEM logs with exceptions and messages like these.

kind regards,
Jörg

Administrator

Hi 

Just adding reference here on top of Joerg's reply:-

Link:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

// Is your servlet registered successfully. Check in /system/console if your servlet is registered and started. Also check in the /system/console/jcrresolver if the POST path  is resolving to your servlet. 

You could drop the Service annotation and use SlingServlet. It does the same trick as the Service / Component combo. 

1. change @Service(PollController.class) to @Service(Servlet.class) because this the service it should be registering in

2. i think you should use a selector .html in your servlet paths because by default the /bin will be accessible with .html based on default configuration. check "Apache Sling Servlet/Script Resolver and Error        Handler" in osgi console under configuration tab. /system/console/configMgr 

and if you want to use your own selector then you have to provide information there else default configuration will be not used or will be not allowed.

3. also check post servlet configuration under same tab

Link:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

// I have found default sling servlet not to be that reliable for creating resources - I have much preferred using Strongly -typed API such as Sling API, JCR API, etc. 

This might help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni