Expand my Community achievements bar.

ERROR: Annotation delete operation failed

Level 2

Hi,

I'm trying to remove the annotations from AEM page. However it gives me the same error again and again. 

i.e., ERROR: Annotation delete operation failed.

Can someone please help?

RamEllanki_0-1657790883759.png

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@Flash_RE Please check if the user is having the sufficient delete permission required to delete the annotation. 

Steps followed on AEM 6.5.12

1. Selected the annotation from the timeline

2. Click on delete.

Result: Annotation deleted sucessfully.

shaileshbassi_0-1657804729905.png

Please share the error which you are facing while deleting along with the AEM version details.

Thanks

Level 2

Hi @shaileshbassi , AEM 6.5. And i have admin rights but still the problem is same. My last assumption is it might have got stuck in cache volume. Any leads?

Level 3

@Flash_RE Please share on which AEM version you are facing this issue also check for the user permissions.

Level 2

Hi @AshwiniSathe1, AEM 6.5. And i have admin rights but still the problem is same. My last assumption is it might have got stuck in cache volume. Any leads?

Community Advisor

Hi @Flash_RE ,

Please check the similar question answered here for write access: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/enhancements-to-aem-to-sup...

In your you should have delete permission to the cq:annotation property.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

Level 2

Hi @SantoshSai i have admin rights and i've also confirmed with team that we do have permissions and also we've been doing this before and now the problem is same. My last assumption is it might have got stuck in cache volume. Any suggestions?

Level 2

Thanks for your reply guys. I appreciate your support.