Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Erratic behaviour by an Image in Dam

Level 2

Hi All,

I uploaded an image on DAM, tried changing its title from 'Damadmin' but to no avail. It is showing the default IPTC title(If seen from exif reader)
then I changed the name of the image and again uploaded it and tried changing the title. this time the behaviour goes more erratic and instead of just updating the title , it appends it with the old title separated by comma.

some more info: we have created a custom workflow(xx-dam-update-asset) which gets called everytime an asset is uploaded or modified.It uses OOTB Extract Meta Data Process .( After this process we have some more different processes which  just create different web enable renditions which I think are not responsible for this behaviour.)
I think the problem is because of this OOTB Extract Meta Data Process but cant exactly figure out what is the root cause of this isssue.
Anybody faced any similar issue ??

I have attached some of my findings.It includes the error log for the two cases and the worklows from the archive tab.

please have a look at them and suggest what should be done to get rid of this problem which has been bugging me for a long time now.

Any quick help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
~Ashish.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Are you using any creative cloud tools to checkin the assets? If so it is known issue please file a daycare with business case.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Are you using any creative cloud tools to checkin the assets? If so it is known issue please file a daycare with business case.

Level 6

Nope, no creative cloud tools are used directly in the AEM instance. The images might be produced using cloud tools, since we have a lot or different agencies that produces images for us.

/Ove

PS: Working in same project as Ashish.