Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enabling ContextHub Targeting in AEM Editable Templates

Level 1

Hello AEM Community,

I have successfully implemented ContextHub targeting in pages and experience fragments, but I am now looking to enable it for templates as well. I want to utilize the power of ContextHub targeting at the template level to further enhance personalization and deliver tailored content to my website visitors.

Currently, I can only see the option to define ContextHub actions and rules within individual pages and experience fragments, but not at the template level. Is there a way to enable ContextHub targeting for AEM templates?

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions on how to achieve this. Thank you in advance for your support!

2 Replies

Administrator

@AnveshReddy 

While AEM templates cannot directly use ContextHub targeting, you can achieve template-level personalization by following these steps:

1. Create ContextHub Segments: Define segments based on personalization criteria for the template.

2. Enrich Data Layer: Use ContextHub to add segment information to the data layer, reflecting the user's attributes.

3. Implement Template-Level Targeting: Use client-side JavaScript libraries to apply ContextHub segments to content rendering.

4. Use Experience Fragments: Create fragments for different content variations based on segment membership.

5. Test and Validate: Ensure correct delivery of personalized content across various scenarios and user profiles.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

@kautuk_sahni Thanks for the guidance. Could you please provide more details on the implementation of template-level targeting using client-side JavaScript libraries? I'm particularly interested in understanding how to apply ContextHub segments to content rendering at the template level.