Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

editbar performance issues AEM 5.6.1

Level 2

We have a set of components for which we are using editbars rather than rollovers for various UI reasons. On a single page we may have around 40 components with these editbars. In AEM 5.6.1 we are seeing a significant JS performance issue when switching from edit mode to preview mode, as well as a few other use cases. The core scripts are taking anywhere from 30 to 60s to run and often trigger the browser's "unresponsive script" warnings.

Some profiling suggests that for the approximately 40 editbars, 1 call to WCM.hide is generating 217 calls to EditBar's hide (more than we have editable components), ~1,400 calls to WCM getNestedEditables, ~62,000 calls to up/findParentNode/findParent in Element.traversal.js, and ~783,000 calls to is/filter/byAttribute/isXml in DomQuery.js (and an associated ~791,000 calls to isArray in Ext.js).

I was wondering if anyone else has run into similar issues with editbars? Is this a known problem or something new in the 5.6.x line? Or is it possible we are doing something incorrectly to trigger this pathological behavior? Several of the components with editbars are "inside" other components with editbars (though not that deeply or all that many), which makes me wonder if the getNestedEditables is not playing nicely with that kind of usage scenario? Any insights welcome :) Thanks...

- Keith

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I will pass this forum thread to the CQ performance team. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

I will pass this forum thread to the CQ performance team.