Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Edit/Upload new image in publisher

Level 4

Hi,

I want to edit a photo (photo name will be same and the image will change). But, my dev environment doesn't have Author. So, may I know how can I edit existing photo?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You can upload files via CRX Explorer on AEM Publish at /crx/explorer/index.jsp ..make sure you login as a user w/ permissions to create a node where you need it.

You could try /miscadmin and see if you can upload through that to /etc/designs - but that might not let you in AEM Publish (havent been there in years!)

davidjgonzalezzzz_1-1614960623168.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee
Can you provide more details. Are you talking about changing an Asset's image? Or just "some image" in AEM Publish? Also, is this some development stop-gap solution or are you looking to do this in production? Lastly, can't you just get an AEM Author for Dev? Im shocked youre able to perform adequate development with one.

Level 4

Hi davidjgonzalezzzz 

I am trying to create newsample.png component in /etc/designs/wdawebsite/assets/img/newsample.png and edit sample.png which is located at /etc/designs/wdawebsite/assets/img/sample.png in CRXDE portal . I am using AEM 6.2.Yes, author server is not working at the moment.

Correct answer by
Employee

You can upload files via CRX Explorer on AEM Publish at /crx/explorer/index.jsp ..make sure you login as a user w/ permissions to create a node where you need it.

You could try /miscadmin and see if you can upload through that to /etc/designs - but that might not let you in AEM Publish (havent been there in years!)

davidjgonzalezzzz_1-1614960623168.png

Level 4
Hi davidjgonzalezzzz, It is working. Really appreciate. You save my time.

Community Advisor

@ariesyinn 

Images are binary data, which will be stored as jcr:data on jcr:content node. Which can not be updated from crx/de. One way is do it locally and create and install the package.

Community Advisor

@ariesyinn 

How the dam content is pushed to your publish instances ? Did you check with your team ? Even though we can make changes via CRXDE ( given you should have permission to login ) I will say don't make any changes in the publish directly. That is not how AEM is designed to perform . If you think your AEM Dev has no Author ( which I am not sure why !?) please reach out to your team and understand from where the content is pushed to the publish. Go via the proper medium. Publish should be used only to check your final product whether image or page . 

Thanks

Veena

Community Advisor

you can login to the publisher with a local or admin account and make changes directly in the publisher using the UI.

Arun Patidar