Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Edit mode doesn't work after setting Page_Refresh in afteredit

Level 3

Hi Everyone,

I am writing to ask a problem about component editConfig. I tried to set the REFRESH_PAGE in the editConfig of different components. The page can be refreshed after editing.

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 11.06.12 AM.png

Problem:

 The page will become uneditable after auto refresh which is triggered by the component's afteredit event. I tried this setting in different components, all component has this problem. Does this is a system bug or how should I fix this problem?

Some Notes:

Although the page become uneditable, but all setting and page cookies are in Edit mode setting and parameter. After switching to Preview and back to Edit mode, everything becomes normal.

Thank you very much.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi @TrifaCh 

Couple of things here 

1) can you please check the console for any errors after the page refresh happens. 

2) can you check the same on we retail and see if the same issue is occurring.

Its most probably due to some custom code.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi @TrifaCh 

Couple of things here 

1) can you please check the console for any errors after the page refresh happens. 

2) can you check the same on we retail and see if the same issue is occurring.

Its most probably due to some custom code.

Level 3

Thank you for answer. Would you mind telling more about the second point ?
For the first one, I think the error might not be from the custom code. The error will also happen when I use the official component. Also, I try to compare the log with normal Edit mode loading which should be same with the problem one.

Level 9

@TrifaCh 

on the 2nd point as @aanchal-sikka  said you can install the wknd project on your vanila instance which doesn't have any custom code and see if the issue is coming.

PFB the link

https://github.com/adobe/aem-guides-wknd

Community Advisor

Hello @TrifaCh 

You have mentioned this issue with a Single component as well in previous post.

Ideally, the components should stay editable on dialog save and Page refresh.

1. Please install the WKND package to experience the default behavior. Preferably on an instance without the custom code
  2. With your app code, check with OOTB components only first. If they behave the same as WKND, troubleshoot the custom components.

Aanchal Sikka

Administrator

@TrifaCh Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni