Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dynamic Media

Level 3

I'm facing one  issue with Dynamic Media, I uploaded a video to dam the video is loading on preview mode but not on view As Published mode the requirement is to load video without publishing the video once the video is uploaded to dam.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Does your Video component render Video from DM or local DAM? We can do both ways.

During asset upload, OTB workflow upload asset into DM. If your video component (at publish runmode), uses DM URL, you may run into this issue as you explained. On edit mode, it renders DAM video, but publish mode if rendering from DM, most likely your Upload to DM failed. 

Look for these symptoms to troubleshoot. Mostly your upload failed. You ll need to Reprocess the Asset and monitor under Async Jobs to check if Upload was success. 

To confirm upload is success, look for a property `dam:scene7FileAvs` under asset metadata. 

I faced similar issue and was due to expired DM credentials. Upon resetting credentials it worked.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@KKeerthi Question is little confusing, if you want to use DM features, you need to publish it to DM server and use that URL to serve the image/video for different form factors. Could you please elaborate the use case ? 

Correct answer by
Level 3

Does your Video component render Video from DM or local DAM? We can do both ways.

During asset upload, OTB workflow upload asset into DM. If your video component (at publish runmode), uses DM URL, you may run into this issue as you explained. On edit mode, it renders DAM video, but publish mode if rendering from DM, most likely your Upload to DM failed. 

Look for these symptoms to troubleshoot. Mostly your upload failed. You ll need to Reprocess the Asset and monitor under Async Jobs to check if Upload was success. 

To confirm upload is success, look for a property `dam:scene7FileAvs` under asset metadata. 

I faced similar issue and was due to expired DM credentials. Upon resetting credentials it worked.