Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic Media Smart Crop Data

Level 3

I have been told that the data for each individual asset's Smart Crop is stored on the AEM side. Where is this data stored exactly? I cannot seem to find any type of smart crop data within an asset's metadata, nor anywhere else even while searching via the CRXDE. 

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

The smart corp setting will be set on the profile from where we select the folder

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 2.38.50 PM.png

Level 3

Hi, you are speaking of the image profile it sounds like. 

I am curious of the actual smart crop data for each individual asset, when you save an asset's Smart Crop.

Each asset within a folder that has an image profile and Smart Crop enabled, would have different smart crop data for each individual asset of how the image is cropped, depending on how the user has saved the smart crop. This is the data I am curious about. 

Community Advisor

With Smart Crop, metadata will be applied to the folder containing your images on AEM Assets (/content/dam). Although the metadata property may not be visible on the images or their Smart Crop renditions, the folder metadata will definitely contain a property related to the Image Profile used for generating the Smart Crop Renditions.

Check out https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/assets/dynamic/image-profiles.html?lan... for an Image profile.

Level 3

Hi sorry if my question is confusing. I understand how image profiles and smart crop is applied to folders. 

What I am curious about is the individual data for each asset's crops. I may have a 100 different images inside a folder that has Smart Crop applied. But each of those images can have different crops using Smart Cropping. 

I am wondering where each individual asset's crop data is stored

This data has to be stored somewhere for each individual asset, I am wondering where exactly this is stored.

Please let me know if the explanation is still not clear

Community Advisor

@mmasonWD 

The individual Smart Crop info is available under the asset itself and the DM.

When an asset is uploaded and smart crops created OOTB, they might not be visible under the asset. DM is taking care of it all.

Then try editing a smart crop. A new node would be created under the asset with name identical to the edited smart crop. The image would still be served from DM, but a small piece of the edited info would be available on these nodes.

Sorry, I don't have access to DM currently. Sharing info based on my past project

Aanchal Sikka

Level 3

"A new node would be created under the asset with name identical to the edited smart crop"

Are you referring to the AEM side or DM side? I see no new nodes created anywhere on the AEM side, via CRXDE, when editing or changing an asset's Smart Crop. 

If you are referring the the DM side, is the smart crop data visible from the Dynamic Media Classic desktop app? If so, where and how?

Level 3

There seemed to be some confusion in the responses below to what data I was actually trying to find. After getting on a call and speaking with AMS, they informed me that the individual data points/dimensions for each individual asset's cropping via Smart Crop, is not viewable in the CRXDE. I was informed that the data is apparently stored in a way that is not viewable from the asset's properties or metadata.